Monday, June 21, 2010

U-turn moment - 6 years in the making

This is our old deck - in our old life. We had a guy custom build it just for us. This was also the very first time we ever had "plants" in our life. The plants were secondary - it made no difference what "kind" of plants they were. They were something to put in all of our cool pots that we decorated our deck with. I did water them though, it gave me a fun thing to do on the deck.
These are our plants today. After we left the land of pagers (and left all our pots to my mother) and moved to New Mexico - now our focus is JUST on the plants. Our mints (chocolate, orange, spearmint and catnip - sadly my peppermint seeds never sprouted) and our chives and a few veggies here and there are all growing in things I would have been mortified to place on my deck. They seem as happy as can be, planted in litter box containers and milk jugs. Its harder not having the kind of money that we used too but it makes what we do have so much more precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment